Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Writer's block? No, the dog days of sports...

I have a confession to make--I'm not sure what to write about on this blog right now.  I know I have loyal readers out there who are asking "Hey, Mike--what gives?  Why isn't there anything new on Section 10?"

Well, in the best worldwide leader vernacular, let's "break it down," shall we?  One, college hoops is over.  Sure, recruiting is in full swing but let's face it--the finality of the season is just a bit traumatic for basketball junkies like me.  Two, my local Major League Baseball team features several young stars-in-the-making but also is owned by a guy who refuses (it seems) to invest in quality pitching.  I mean, how many blown leads can fans be subjected to in this town?  Three, NFL training camp has not yet started so it's premature for any football talk.  Four, there currently are no compelling story lines in the world of golf.  And, finally, the college realignment melodrama is but a whimper this summer compared with what we got to experience the past two years.

Yes, it's the dog days of the sports year.  Hang with me, friends, as this too shall pass.  I just felt like I owed an explanation to the thousands of you (okay--maybe a dozen of you) who have asked yourself, "I wonder what's up with that guy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment