Friday, August 28, 2020

10 Albums: The Joshua Tree

 I have a confession to make--it took me too long to discover (yes, I said "discover") U2 and, specifically, this album. 

The Joshua Tree (released March 1987) was the album that moved U2 from being a band to being rock superstars. The album was critically acclaimed and became the fastest-selling album in British history. Three singles were released from the album; "With or Without You" and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" became the group's only number one singles in the U.S.

I was lucky to see the band perform the album, in its entirety, on their Joshua Tree tour of 2017 in Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, MO. While the sound was muddy that evening, the craftsmanship of this iconic album was on full display. 

The Joshua Tree. The best album by the best band of the past 35 years.




No comments:

Post a Comment