What to watch for in tonight's Big 12 game between Kansas and Colorado in Boulder:
- The two best shooting teams in the league. Kansas leads the Big 12 with a .514 FG percentage and CU is second with .486.
- Two of the top three scoring teams in the league. Missouri leads the conference at 85 points per game followed by Kansas, 82.1 per game, and Colorado, 81.8 per game.
- Player of the Year candidates Alec Burks and Marcus Morris. Burks "is a pro," according to Kansas coach Bill Self. Will the sophomore, second in the Big 12 in scoring, depart CU after this season for the NBA (provided there is no lockout?) As for Morris, he'll try to rebound from a sub-par outing versus Texas. Morris is averaging 17.1 points per game, 6.9 rebounds per game, and is shooting at a .590% clip.
- Colorado is sixth in the country in free throw percentage (.779) Kansas is far less effective--.667%.
- Tyrell Reed. Reed, the kid from Burlington in western Kansas, has been the glue guy for the Jayhawks. He's scored 17, 11 and 16 in his past three games and is KU's best rebounding guard.
- Tad Boyle. Colorado's first-year coach goes against his alma mater for the first time.