This full slate of college hoops on ESPN on Martin Luther King Day is pretty fun, especially when the games are of the variety of Connecticut-Villanova, Kansas State-Missouri, Syracuse-Pittsburgh, and Kansas-Baylor.
- Yes, we're only four games into the Big 12 conference schedule but time is running out for Kansas State. Their loss at Missouri today drops them to 1-3 in the conference with an upcoming schedule of at Texas A&M, Baylor, at Kansas, Nebraska, at Iowa State and at Colorado.
- Missouri had to hold serve at home today as their upcoming schedule is also very challenging. The Tigers play Iowa State at home on Saturday, then go to Texas and Oklahoma State, come back home to play Colorado, then travel to Kansas.
- Kemba Walker gets my vote for player-of-the-year, if the selection happened right now.
- Jamie Dixon can flat-out coach.
- I'm surprised more isn't being made of Frank Martin's inability to sign a highly ranked junior college or incoming freshman point guard. It's become a tired story but the 'Cats really miss Denis Clemente.
- The natives are getting restless in Chapel Hill, N.C. And, Roy Williams, a year removed from the poorly chosen statement equating his troubles with his team to the 2010 disaster in Haiti, said the following: "We didn't come frickin' ready to play. I'm mad at the world. We stunk. I'm so mad I'd fight somebody with a chainsaw right now."